Outdoor Equipment Distributors, Inc. was originally founded in 1931 as Raleigh Auto Supply. The purchase of twenty-five lawnmowers in 1955 changed the history of our company. Other opportunities arose to sell similar products and OED converted entirely to the distribution of outdoor power equipment through independent retail dealers. In 1969 we changed our name to Outdoor Equipment Distributors, Inc. to more accurately reflect the nature of our business. We currently service over 500 independent dealers across our sales territory.